Our trustees and volunteers give their time freely, but looking after our collection of preserved Devon General buses involves the costs of materials (e.g. glass, timber, sheet metal, fabrics and paint), tyres, maintenance (e.g. oil and other consumables), storage, business rates, breakdown cover and insurance. We rely on donations from trustees and supporters to meet these costs. If we need to purchase a large item such as an engine (or another bus!) we carry out specific fundraising.
Right now we are running a fundraising appeal to help us purchase ‘Light Six’ DR705. The appeal is open until 31st March 2021.
If you would like to support the ongoing work of the Trust you can do so in a number of ways:
By making a donation. The easiest way is via CAF Donate:
Other ways to donate:
- By cheque, made payable to Devon General Omnibus Trust and sent to our Swindon address with a completed Donations Form
- By PayPal –
- By electronic banking – contact us for our bank details
- By cash – if you see one of our collecting buckets at an event
You can also make a regular donation by standing order – download the Standing Order Form
It really helps us if you can Gift Aid your donation in CAF Donate or PayPal; otherwise please complete the declaration on the Donations Form
By helping out as a volunteer:
- If you have mechanical, bodywork or electrical skills to keep our buses fit and well
- If you can wield a mop and bucket to keep them clean!
- If you have a full PCV licence and can drive classic buses
By coming along to events that our buses are attending:
- You can take a free ride if we’re running services with our buses
- If they’re on static display, you can look around our buses
- Either way, you’ll be helping us to fulfil our charitable objectives
By spreading the word on social media:
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter and share us with your friends